Driving Innovation and Growth
September 19, 2022
GLOBAL MIDWEST ALLIANCE TO HOST THE 7TH MIDWEST CORPORATE VENTURING PROGRAM,
CORPORATE VENTURING: MANAGING RELATIONSHIPS AND EXPECTATIONS FOR SUCCESS
CHICAGO – On November 10, Global Midwest Alliance and sponsors, Energy Foundry and Polsinelli, will host the 7th Midwest Corporate Venturing Program in Chicago. This year's half-day program will focus on:
- Managing successful corporate venture programs in turbulent times;
- Accessing new opportunities in innovative technologies and solutions;
- Supporting entrepreneurs in scaling their businesses, both in the Midwest and globally;
- Investing in early-stage technologies and driving innovation; and
- Achieving a strategic and financial return.
In addition to focusing on the current state of Midwest corporate venturing and the opportunities and challenges of corporate venturing in the post-pandemic world, the 2022 Corporate Venturing Program will also highlight:
- A November 9 Opening Reception hosted by the Energy Foundry featuring a discussion with Sarah Chamberlain, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Energy Foundry, an Energy Foundry portfolio company, NuCurrent Inc., and a corporate venturing investor, which will be moderated by Partner and Co-Founder, Laurence Hayward, of ATOMS.CV;
- A Fireside Chat with Allen Dines, Executive Advisor at WiscPartners, and Patrick Eggen, Partner and Co-Founder, Counterpart Ventures, on their 2023 State of Corporate Venture Capital Report;
- The Innovation Panel will provide a fresh perspective that showcases early-stage companies with promising, novel technologies; and
- The Corporate Venturing Panel will provide insight into the relationship between corporate venture companies and their portfolio companies, and how these relationships help the portfolio companies grow. The panel includes moderator Brian Schettler, AEI HorizonX, and panelists from Emerson Ventures, Applied Materials and HorizonX, who have experience leading corporate venture capital firms that invest across the spectrum of emerging technologies.
Attendees will hear from industry experts, venture capitalists from across the Midwest, institutional limited partners, CEOs and entrepreneurs, who will provide a perspective on the convergence of opportunities for both corporate venture programs, non-corporate venture capital firms and their increasingly strategic value to innovation. Seating will be limited. Visit 7th Midwest Corporate Venturing Program to register today. Global Midwest Alliance is a business-led, region-wide organization dedicated to transforming the Midwest into an internationally-recognized leader in innovation and business growth. The Alliance aligns and integrates resources throughout the Midwest helping businesses to grow by leveraging existing resources to develop new products and find customers throughout the world. The Alliance is the Private Sector Liaison Office for the World Bank and a member of Global CONNECT. Through these and other affiliations, the Alliance facilitates access to global business opportunities for Midwest business through 160 groups in 107 countries around the world. The Alliance offers educational and networking opportunities through a variety of programs and resources designed to promote innovation, technology development and access to global opportunities in the clean technology, energy, food, logistics, manufacturing and water industries. For more information, visit www.globalmidwestalliance.org.